Dance for Parkinson's
A movement class offered for people with PD and their caregivers, spouses or partners. All levels of mobility welcome. No dance experience necessary.
Please join us for our ten week Fall 2017 Session
offered Wednesdays 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm Sept 6th - Nov 8th
Ruth Davidson Hahn, professional dancer formerly with the Mark Morris Dance Group and specially trained in the Dance for PD® method
Nebraska Ballet Theatre & School
2620 O St. (map)
Wednesdays, 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
September 6th - November 8th
Ten class series $50, anything over $50 is a tax deductible contribution (Please make checks out to Ruth Davidson Hahn & Company)
Caregivers, spouses or partners free
Because Ruth Davidson Hahn & Company is a non-profit organization we need to raise funds for our Dance for Parkinson's program. Your tax deductible contribution is greatly appreciated.
For more information:
Why Dance for PD®?
- Dance develops flexibility and instills confidence.
- Dance is first and foremost a stimulating mental activity that connects mind to body.
- Dance breaks isolation.
- Dance invokes imagery in the service of graceful movement.
- Dance focuses attention on eyes, ears and touch as tools to assist in movement and balance.
- Dance increases awareness of where all parts of the body are in space.
- Dance tells stories.
- Dance sparks creativity.
- The basis of dance is rhythm.
- The essence of dance is joy.
Support for this program was made possible through grants from:
DANCE FOR PD is a Registered Service Mark of Mark Morris Dance Group and Brooklyn Parkinson Group
Dance for PD® class Photo by Johan Henckens/MMDG
Copyright ©2016 Ruth Davidson Hahn & Company