Dance for Parkinson's
A movement class offered for people with PD and their caregivers, spouses or partners. All levels of mobility welcome. No dance experience necessary.
Please join us for our ten week Winter/Spring 2018 Session
offered Wednesdays 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm February 7th - April 11th
Ruth Davidson Hahn, professional dancer formerly with the Mark Morris Dance Group and specially trained in the Dance for PD® method
Nebraska Ballet Theatre & School
2620 O St. (map)
Wednesdays, 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
February 7th - April 11th
Additional classes will be added for snow days
Ten class series $50, anything over $50 is a tax deductible contribution (Please make checks out to Ruth Davidson Hahn & Company)
Caregivers, spouses or partners free
Because Ruth Davidson Hahn & Company is a non-profit organization we need to raise funds for our Dance for Parkinson's program. Your tax deductible contribution is greatly appreciated.
For more information:
Why Dance for PD®?
- Dance develops flexibility and instills confidence.
- Dance is first and foremost a stimulating mental activity that connects mind to body.
- Dance breaks isolation.
- Dance invokes imagery in the service of graceful movement.
- Dance focuses attention on eyes, ears and touch as tools to assist in movement and balance.
- Dance increases awareness of where all parts of the body are in space.
- Dance tells stories.
- Dance sparks creativity.
- The basis of dance is rhythm.
- The essence of dance is joy.
Support for this program was made possible through grants from:
DANCE FOR PD is a Registered Service Mark of Mark Morris Dance Group and Brooklyn Parkinson Group
Dance for PD® class Photo by Johan Henckens/MMDG
Copyright ©2016 Ruth Davidson Hahn & Company